£600 - £650 per day
about 1 month ago
Dyson began with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in various countries globally.
We're all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We're creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we're passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Overview - department:
The Graphics Team is responsible for all Graphics and Packaging that is used in the manufacturing of Dyson products. The operation is split between the UK and Malaysia. The UK plays a strategic role in delivering these items, and the Malaysia team play a tactical part. Together they deliver effective, cutting edge solutions to Dyson's graphics and Packaging.
Based in the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage activity related to Product Packaging, Labelling and Graphics materials.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, Copy, Studio, Packaging Design and Manufacturing Support functions, you play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving efficiency and quality improvement through all stages of development and production.
The role reports to the G&P Lead Project Manager and is responsible for planning, managing and delivery of projects to production. The role is supporting Graphics and Packaging Project Manager(s) and working closely with a Coordinator in delivering materials to new product launches and driving current product change management. Key functions are: identifying and securing resource required, managing timings, artwork approvals, control of day-to-day priorities and ensuring all participating within the project are given clear direction on what they need to do and when. You will be working closely with your team and other project stakeholders, sharing information, mitigating risks, giving accurate project updates and ensuring you are up to date and invested in the team's long-term goals.
The role forms a link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Product Marketing, Standards Compliance and Production teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
* Brief writing: discuss all packaging, labelling and graphics requirements with relevant teams (packaging design, engineering, creative, commercial, legal, IP, tech services, standards, compliance etc) to raise an accurate electronic brief in Censhare.
* Coordinating any revisions and updates, ensuring artwork changes are documented and traceable, supporting G&P Project Manager in delivering graphics on cost, on spec and on time for each project.
* Teamcenter (electronic part management system): investigating G&P part and assembly requirements, creating new G&P assemblies, checking for accuracy and approving G&P assemblies.
* Planning and managing small G&P projects. Depending on business needs, either delivering smaller standalone projects or assisting more senior PMs on delivering elements of larger, more complex projects.
* Supporting Graphics and Packaging Project Manager and wider Project team on new launches, and managing graphics and packaging change for the current product portfolio.
* When new projects come in, challenging them with your team. Asking questions, getting involved, exploring opportunities and thinking about how to tackle the challenge. Pro-actively engaging, briefing, encouraging and motivating your project team to take on the task in hand.
* Organizing the construction of a schedule supporting your project, ensuring that Graphics and Packaging, Marketing/Commercial, Creative Services and Engineering milestones are aligned. Defining different timelines, key input and outputs for each deliverable identified within your project.
* Setting the goals and drivers from a production perspective. Establishing Engineering, Marketing/Commercial and Creative key decision points and driving the project team to meet deadlines, ensuring robust schedules are in place.
* Ensuring projects are briefed, planned, managed and approved to correct process. This role is responsible for ensuring all Graphics projects follow company processes driven by other departments within this business. This includes Engineering, Standards Compliance, Legal and IP processes.
* Writing Studio brief and booking Studio resource based on priorities, deadlines, availability and by negotiation with other PMs in both UK and SEA teams.
* Driving graphics and packaging materials through the approval process proactively.
* Working with Graphics and Packaging Project Manager, Packaging designers, Creative teams, Print Production specialist and Change Management Coordinators to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and on budget to the original project target and assembly specification.
* Ensuring that each artwork item is checked for content and suitability. Proof-reading copy, ensuring that any changes to copy assets are clearly marked and briefed to Copy team. Ensuring that print specs, graphics assets and mark-ups are clearly briefed to the Studio at the right time. Checking all changes have been made in Studio on artworks and that they are set up correctly in the first place.
* Working closely with G&P Change Management Coordinators to track timely and cost effective release of parts and assemblies to production and to coordinate effective implementation of any graphics changes.
* Escalating any risks and issues to relevant project stakeholders and assisting with mitigation plans or corrective actions; investigating any Non-Conformances.
* Suitable for a Junior or Assistant Project Manager with experience in Graphics, Packaging, Print production or similar.
* Degree in relevant discipline (Graphics, Design, Project management) or equivalent experience preferable, but not essential.
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience in relevant field (e.g. print production, packaging design, engineering, product management) demonstrating a good understanding of New Product Design and Development process, as well as an appreciation of product Graphics & Packaging design and production process.
* Knowledge of a variety of print production processes.
* Good knowledge of Dyson product range.
* Excellent English language skills (written and verbal).
* Excellent communication skills, able to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately. Able to tailor communication to the right audience, share the right information with the right people at the right time, be professional, clear and concise.
* Approachable, professional, confident and flexible.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness, able to build productive working relationships within the team and across the business and influence others.
* Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
* Proactive problem-solver, able to navigate complex processes and systems.
* Self-motivated and competent, with excellent time management skills.
* Excellent team-working skills.
* Able to handle demanding workload, manage multiple projects at once and deliver on schedule
* Experience of delivering projects in a production environment.
* Experience of driving a project team to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
* Experience of managing project progress by constantly tracking deliverables and finding ways to pre-empting and removing obstacles.