Up to £85000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits Package
about 2 months ago
Associate Director - Analytics/ Sustainability upto £85k
Location: London or Edinburgh (+ Agile/Flex Working)
Role type: Permanent | Full time| Quantitative Analytics / Sustainability
Salary: up to £85,000 p/a + Excellent Benefits Package
This is an exciting time to join a fantastic specialised team within Commercial Banking, set to achieve ambitious goals to work with their customers, Government and the market to help reduce their emissions with a focus on sustainable growth. Specifically, to reduce emissions by more than 50 per cent by 2030, be net zero by 2050 and meet the 2015 Paris Agreement.
The role requires a blended skill-set encompassing passion and knowledge of climate and social responsibility, statistical software experience and Quantitative methodology. This specialised team are responsible for developing the methodologies, data and tools used in Commercial Banking to support pricing, delivery of sustainable returns and growth of client relationships.
Role and Accountabilities:
* Collaborate with Risk to develop tools to understand Environmental, Social and Governance distribution of the portfolio.
* Work with the banking coverage business and Risk to undertake deep dives into high carbon sectors to increase understanding of financed emissions.
* Engage with subject matter experts to adapt climate transition scenarios with qualitative and quantitative inputs to model both static and dynamic portfolio transitions.
* Align existing industry wide methodology and data with the Commercial Banking data and models.
* Embed climate risk and opportunity into pricing and capital frameworks.
* Utilise emerging standards to inform strategic planning and business prioritisation.
* Outstanding mathematical skills.
* Expertise in Statistical Methods required and Machine Learning techniques applied to the banking industry preferred.
* Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with ability to proactively collaborate and co-ordinate sophisticated project plans.
* Proficiency in statistical software and programming languages (Python, R, Matlab)
* Proficient in Excel and database software (SQL).
* Climate risk knowledge - understanding of climate and social responsibility. Passionate about the topic and willing to develop expertise around climate related risks and opportunities.
If you are looking for a rewarding position making big impact - please apply!