Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £46000 per annum + Car allowance + Bonus + Benefits
21 days ago
Role: Assistant Category Manager FM
Salary: Up to c£46K + £4K Car Allowance + Bonus + Defined Contribution Pension + Excellent benefits
Location: London, Chesterfield or Newcastle (2/3 days per week in the office)
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting Procurement team, where you will play a supporting role in driving innovation and commercial value across FM related expenditure. With a new CPO, and new Director of IT & Property Procurement in post, this is the ideal time to join a forward thinking and dynamic team where you can further develop your career.
In this role you will partner with key stakeholders to help identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies, whilst developing commercial partnerships with new and emerging suppliers who are able to challenge the status quo, proactively seeking positive impacts to collaboratively deliver first class value for the business and protect it from risk.
- You'll play a supporting role in challenging and guiding to drive effective procurement strategies that maximise financial and non-financial value delivery.
- You'll work collaboratively with other Procurement Team members to make most effective use of the resources available across the procurement functions through a 'pooled resource' way of working.
- You'll be able to provide expert negotiation guidance and support to maximise value delivery or mitigate risk across the category.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Ideally you will have some experience of managing or supporting FM Sourcing projects/projects
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion to help shape and develop the organisations Procurement service.
- Procurement experience with proven ability to apply professional expertise to assist the development and implementation of innovative procurement solutions across FM categories.
- Is a proven negotiator and has been trained in negotiation principles and a track record of savings delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to confidently operate at all levels with internal business and suppliers.
If this sounds like you, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can schedule a chat to discuss further.
Interviews will take place ASAP.