about 1 year ago
Head of Contract Management
The role of the Head of Contract Management This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new branch within the organisations Commercial Team.
As the Head of Contract Management, you will lead the planning, implementation and management of the main contracts with suppliers for the delivery of the Programme. This will involve leading on the management of the contracts entered into by the department, and ensuring the efficient delivery of all contracts management activities including managing delivery and contract change through the lifecycle of the contract. You will also give commercial assurance and professional support to the Director of Commercial, the Programme Executive and Leadership Team so as to ensure that the contracts are being managed effectively, and the risks to organisation are being mitigated accordingly. The Head of Contracts will report into the Programme Head of Commercial. The Transformation Programme is based at our Titchfield site, though there is flexibility to be based in Newport or London.
However it should be noted that during the first 18 months of the role, the expectation is that regular travel and overnight stays will be required with at least 3 days per week being in Titchfield. In addition, the role will require some travel (and possible overnight stays) to supplier engagement (or similar) workshops, and supplier sites.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead other commercial and contracts management staff, taking responsibility for the delivery of contracts management.
- Assume a leadership role with the continued development of the Commercial Team that will manage the delivery of the Programme.
- Identify and manage the risks agreed between the parties and contained within an agreement.
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring their continued involvement and support for the contract management activity is maintained.
- Assist with concluding procurement actions and managing negotiations with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the wider Commercial team and Programme team, providing strategic and operational commercial support to the Programme.
- Provide counsel and advice on the organisations commercial position under its contracts with its suppliers.
- Provide current and relevant advice on the latest developments in public sector contracts and commercial management.
- Work with others to ensure that delivery of the contracts under their control is managed in an effective manner within the agreed constraints, managing change and any conflict that may arise.
- Collaborate with and support the wider commercial teams across all sites
Please apply now to find out more.