£500 Per Day
9 months ago
1st Executive are currently partnering a Global FTSE Pharmaceutical organisation who are going through a major transformation where they are embarking on a journey to raise the profile of what Procurement can do, evolving from a sole cost cutting focus to embrace the roles of sourcing for growth, going beyond price and driving innovation for increased business value.
This role is sitting within the centralised procurement department focusing specifically on Consumer Health Categories and Products. The role will have two key areas of remit:
1) The on-going management of third party suppliers within the Consumer Healthcare Category in order to create more opportunities for savings and ensure they are in line with existing consumer needs.
2) Creating and executing a sourcing strategy for Oral Health New Product Development, Sensory & Product Understanding and Technical Excellence Clinical Supplies as well as Innovation Services.
The role will involve working very closely with various business units across the organisation including R&D, Marketing and Business Development teams.
- Strong Procurement leadership experience with proven track record and relevant experience in R&D or Supply Chain/Direct related categories
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work remotely and successfully in global complex organisations
- Advanced skills in Excel , pivot tables, and understanding of complex databases
- Use of strategic thinking to build relationships (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
- Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
- Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
- Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts