£40000 - £42000 per annum
9 months ago
The company has grown to be a truly international food company over more than a century. We hold a leading position in Europe in our core categories having grown with a steady pace through organic growth and acquisitions. Investing substantially in research and development to improve or create new products.
Objective of the role:
To assist the Head of Finance exercise financial control over two entities of the business with the UK. To contribute to the production of financial statements and management accounts for both companies. To administer VAT submissions and related issues in the UK.
- To ensure banks are reconciled to SAP, queries are resolved and all cash transactions are accounted for correctly.
- To prepare cash forecasts for submission to group, maintain domestic cash balances and reconcile intercompany loan accounts.
- Administer accounts payable payments for two entities of the business
- Petty cash control.
- To maintain the balance sheet accounts and ensure that clear reconciliations are available to the Head of Finance.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments at month end prior to month end closing and reporting.
- Prepare monthly IBIS
- Prepare Cognos monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Agree monthly inter-co balances.
- Reconcile FI/CO monthly
- Prepare monthly cost centre reports for internal management and subsequent investigation of variances.
- Prepare UK VAT returns, Intrastat declarations and EC Sales lists and submit to HMRC. Liaise with HMRC Inspectors. Complete ONS data requests.
- Follow up of auditor's queries.
- Accurately maintain fixed asset register.
- Prepare quarterly LE submissions for one entity.
- Prepare annual budget submission for one entity.
- Prepare annual accounts for CC40 for submission to companies' house.
- Liaise with the external accountants in relation to corporation tax returns.
- You will be either Part Qualified studying ACCA or CIMA or will be a qualified by experience candidate (QBE)
- Have at least 3 years' experience within accounting including monthly reporting exposure
- Willing and available to travel to the other UK site Worcestershire