£55000 - £60000 per annum + Company Car, Bonus, Pension
3 months ago
A PE-backed, rapid-growth global manufacturing company in the Midlands is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to take ownership of their UK Procurement function.
The organisation has recently restructured and is under new, commercially astute leadership. Due to outstanding performance over the last year, Procurement is extremely well regarded within the business and its importance recognised by C-Suite stakeholders. The jobholder will be granted significant autonomy and a chance to demonstrate the value that a well-orchestrated Procurement department can bring, as they seize the reins and help drive business growth and profitability.
There is plenty of scope for the successful applicant to shape and expand the existing team once they have analysed spend and put in place strategic sourcing strategies and category plans which deliver cost savings and other benefits. This will also elevate their own standing and may result in promotion to a more senior management position.
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated Procurement/Category Manager with first rate interpersonal skills, inspirational leadership abilities and a history of delivering robust Procurement strategies to stamp their mark on a well-established international brand.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Significant Procurement experience at a mid-senior / senior level, including excellent negotiation and cost management skills, ideally gained within a Manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills required to interact with all levels of management, teams, and suppliers.
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and motivate team members in a complex matrix / cross functional environment, with a strong track record of coaching and mentoring staff.
- Strong academic profile - as a minimum, a Batchelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Procurement & Supply Chain. Higher qualifications (Master's or PhD) and relevant accreditations such as MCIPS and IACCM are highly desirable.
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas as required.