£150 - £225 per day
8 months ago
A Trade Marks Formalities Officer / Paralegal is urgently required at a key client of 1st Executive, a leading FTSE100 organisation with business units all over the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal who is qualified with ITMA or equivalent, looking to gain valuable experience at a global, blue-chip organisation.
This is a great role for someone who has previous experience in Trade Mark administration and formalities and for someone who has experience working in a law firm, an in-house legal team or with Trade Mark attorneys.
Your role will be supporting a group of attorneys in the acquisition and maintenance of trade mark and design registrations.
- Preparation of basic legal documents, knowledge of trade mark law and practice in key countries.
- Direct support to a group of attorneys and other members of the trade mark team
- Manage domestic, international and foreign trade mark administration and formalities activities (i.e., trade mark searching, filing, prosecution, and maintenance)in support of BP's intellectual property needs - filing of trade mark applications and filing of design applications and registered design, copyright registration
Essential experience / job requirements:
- Previous experience in trade mark administration and formalities.
- Previous experience of working in law firm, or in-house legal team with trade mark attorneys
- Ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with strong attention to detail
- Previous experience of working with document management system
- ITMA qualified or equivalent
If this position is of interest, please apply now and if you have any questions, please call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.