Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30 - £36 per annum + Package
4 months ago
Our client, a UK FTSE 100 organisation, undergoing significant Business re-organisation and Supply Chain transformation seeks to recruit a Supply Chain Planner. This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in the success of a global organisations supply chain function.
The jobholder will be responsible for calculating demand and supply forecasts and plans, handling the transfer and purchase order executions to ensure best availability of supply. The jobholder will also be responsible for;
- Define and monitor the planning parameters (Make To Order /Make To Stock, safety stock levels etc)
- Translate the production demand plan in to a material requirements plan and assure timely availability of necessary bulk liquids
- Engage with various stakeholders including Sales Managers, Directors, or with 3rd party manufacturers and vendors to drive closure on outstanding issues e.g. forecasting gaps
- Monitor pro-actively the finished goods and raw materials inventory and coordinate actions to optimise it
- Coordinate stock and production allocation and ensure the stock is sent to the correct warehouse
- Follow up on purchase contract balances and liaise with vendors when necessary
- Ensure correct booking of goods receipts and transfer of stocks in to the computerized (ERP) system
- Check supplier invoices and ensure necessary corrections if needed
It is expected that the jobholder be able to support the Supply Chain Managers with the planning and forecasting of demand and supply. Furthermore, the jobholder will support the Supply Chain Managers with the development of administrative process, policy and 'best-practice' within the supply chain team. It is expected that the jobholder be able to manage the delivery of administrative procedures.
Our client is keen on applicants able to demonstrate;
- Supply Chain experience gained in a global 'blue-chip' environment
- Able to communicate with clients and customers in a supportive and helpful manner, both written and spoken.
- Excel Analysis- able to do pivots, v-lookups and build in depth spreadsheets to analyze data
- Experience in purchasing and reconciliation
- Experience with Inventory management
- Excellent academic profile