£45000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
My client is a very well-established aerospace and defence company are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to be based in their Military Aerospace Business.
The primary objective for this role is to create a robust, sustainable and high performing Supply Chain able to meet key customer delivery and milestones, for both current and future programmes.
- To Maintain and build a high performing Supply Chain, being able to meet customer demands.
- Building effective 'operational' relationships both internally as well as with their customers and suppliers.
- Leading a team of Procurement/Supply Chain Professionals ensuring that they meet company objectives.
- Instilling accountability through the portfolio of suppliers, managing supplier performance whilst always striving for cost effective value for money (VFM) solutions through the portfolio as well as subcontractors.
- Ensuring their suppliers meet their contractual obligations and work with the team to ensure they have the right information and support to make this happen.
- Work with their suppliers and subcontractors to develop their efficiency in order to ensure their capability with current and future programmes and that they have the capacity both now and in the future.
- Identify potential risks within the supply chain and put in process and plans to mitigate that risk. Work with the team to identify these areas and escalate any main areas of concern.
- Ensure functional excellence through best practice, effective communication and leadership. Work with the team on the vision for future Procurement Strategy and support the development of those within the function.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a similar role. You should have excellent interpersonal skills, effective Supplier Management experience and the ability to work with all those involved ensuring business and customer objective and expectations are met.
- Experience of supply chain management in the Aerospace, Defence Industry or Manufacturing environments - ideally one that incorporates MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul)
- Experience of implementing an SAP
- CIPS post graduate or equivalent and a qualification within Engineering or Business is desirable.
- Demonstrable evidence of innovation and implementation of best practice in a Procurement or Supply Chain context
- An effective people manager passionate about developing a high performing team
- Good commercial and financial understanding.
- A natural communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills that facilitates good negotiating and influencing skills.
- You must be SC cleared or SC eligible