£60000 - £75000 per annum + car allowance and package
8 months ago
Senior Purchasing Manager
My client a Major Food organisation are seeking to recruit an experienced purchasing individual with strong experience in Food Purchasing (Fresh, Chilled, Ambient or Frozen) and with particular experience in managing a team of individuals (5/6 in the team).
You will take responsibility for a global spend, and a train and develop the team in best procurement practice.
Implement and drive the strategy for the business across the Food division on a global basis.
Recruit, develop and manage a team of high performing individuals
Analyse, manage and develop supplier relationships
Build strong stakeholder engagement across the business, delivering best procurement practices and constantly analysing performance
- Significant previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of a procurement category strategy and procurement category benefits including financial savings with the Food Sector
- Experience gained within Food, Food Service, Wholesale or Retail Grocery background preferred
- Experience of working internationally managing suppliers and reviewing performance
- Significant team management experience
- Experienced negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of relevant strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
- Experienced in complex stakeholder management
- Good experience in managing and delivering projects on time in international and cross-entity settings
- Some flexiblity in working