£40000 - £60000 per annum + plus benefit
3 months ago
Senior Estimator/Quantity Surveyor - Groundworks
Senior Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to enhance and develop our existing estimating team based in our Surrey offices.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within a growing business.
The business has always strived to maintain the highest level of quality and service. They are committed to providing a friendly, safe and equal working environment for their staff, and an efficient and economical service to their clients. The Company currently has a turnover £15 million.
They have continued to invest in plant, equipment and training of staff to ensure that it is well equipped to cope with future business growth and demands. The Directors are confident that the Group will continue to prosper.
The successful candidate will be tasked with assisting in taking tenders from initial enquiry to tender submission as well as well as helping with the financial management of on-going projects in an accurate and timely manner. He/she should be able to demonstrate a track record of projects with values ranging from £10K to £2M in the civil engineering sector. He/she should have an understanding of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
The work will be mainly office based with site visits to price projects in the home counties
In return for your dedication, you'll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension. You'll also benefit from great training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Tender pricing: Assist with tender queries, prepare and submit competitive investigation tender packages and quotations with values ranging from £10k to £2m+.
- Job costing: Calculate the price of time, labour and materials.
- Analysis of contract documentation and preparation of accurate subcontractor packages for pricing; liaising and negotiating with subcontractors.
- Measurement and estimating work by traditional methods initially (not computer software generated i.e. scale rule and dimension paper) leading to the preparation of Bills of Quantities using Excel.
- Assistance with the measurement and rate build up for special rates.
- Preparation of client applications for payment.
- Preparation of internal cost/value monthly valuations.
- Keeping checks on work carried out compared to contract quantities and value.
- Meeting clients QS/site managers' and establishing working relationships.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7 years + estimating and job costing experience within the Groundworks or Civil Engineering sector;
- Estimating and job costing experience in the construction house building sector.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities;
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral;
- Excellent Negotiating Skills;
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence;