£70000 - £75000 per annum + car allowance and package
3 months ago
Senior Contracts Manager
Our client is Major Organisation, currently undergoing expansion within their UK team. They are now seeking a Senior Contract Manager who is accountable for aspects of end-to-end Complex Contracts, including contract request validation, drafting, negotiation of legal terms, quality control, legal approval, execution into repository, template development and maintenance, process health monitoring and improvement, data & reporting for budget, resourcing and delivery against customer and/or stakeholder Service Level Agreements
Working with the procurement team on global contracts you will be a subject matter expert with key responsibilities including the following:
- Lead end-to-end Complex Contracts, ensuring sustainable continuous improvement of quality, efficiency and effectiveness of service scope.
- Ensure negotiations are authorized and planned following applicable legal and compliance requirements and
- Provide analysis and advice to Procurement professionals and business partners in negotiation of global complex legal and business terms.
- Guide other professionals and advise or influence senior business partners in contract legal, compliance and/or 3rd party risk management.
- Direct others in application of risk tolerance and decision-making strategy in accordance with authority delegated by applicable Legal entity and Contracts Head.
- Work closely with and lead direct reports to ensure end to end contract service offering is fit for purpose and in alignment with leadership strategy.
- Ensure the execution of end-to-end contract process is robust and is established as a way of effectively supporting the needs of key business partners. Continuously monitor and further develop service quality, efficiency and effectiveness and lead or support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be accountable for contracting related communication in dedicated contract area and service delivery reporting
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and mitigation of risks in specific contracting area. Understand principles of fair market value and where applicable, support fair market value assessments.
- Drive resolution of Complex Contracts with Category and Regional teams including managing engagement with local legal and compliance functions. Ensure operational issue escalation path is clear and managed at the most effective levels, providing coaching and support as required to resolve.
- Research industry, Procurement and best practice Complex Contracts
- Contribute to development and delivery of team budgets and resources required to support the annual operating activities and service level agreements as part of the annual budgeting cycle.
- Ideally you will have legal or paralegal credentials or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership, stakeholder influencing/management and negotiation skills, including influencing without authority
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of legal, compliance and/or third-party risk management
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Project / program management experience in complex multidisciplinary context
- High degree of dedication, motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Procurement and business stakeholder policies and processes ideally within a Medical/Pharmaceutical or regulated FMCG environment
- Experience working in global environment