€90000 - €110000 per annum + Company Car + Bonus
3 months ago
Exciting International opportunity for an ambitious Global Category Manager in Belgium, The Netherlands or the USA, who will bring a strategic, company-wide sourcing perspective to the management of a complex, global supply chain and the associated supplier relationships. Your sourcing leadership and experience will help our client's continued development and execution of a best in class Source to Pay organisation and approach.
The key objectives are to, develop clear and effective category plans for all spend areas within the global supply chain organization, demonstrate leadership in supplier relationship management to ensure business and strategic objectives are met and continue to evolve the sourcing role from commercial expert to valued business partner for the supply chain organization.
As an experienced leader, you will work closely together with different stakeholders within the global supply chain organization focusing on freight, warehousing and our reverse logistics value chain. As part of this global team, you will share the goal of a best-in-class network of innovative partners which drives value and maximizes their service levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and translate stakeholder needs and objectives into sourcing category plans. Comfortable operating at the strategic level, identifying opportunities to demonstrate and deliver value
- In this role one of your primary partners will be the global head of transportation. Together you will develop, execute and manage highly effective, collaborative sourcing strategies to accelerate impactful business partnerships
- Access, analyse and present relevant market intelligence to inform supply chain strategy, compliment category plans and frame sourcing project opportunities per channel, category, country, region, carrier / 3PL
- Define an ongoing 2-year roadmap based on the defined opportunities together with the global head of transportation and the other members from the supply chain team
- Develop and execute robust sourcing and negotiation strategies to optimize the total value delivered
- Evolve the source to pay processes and approach based on category specific business or internal stakeholder requirements within Ariba and operationally
- Strategically manage supplier relationships together with the business teams and the global head of transportation to optimize financial & operational performance
- Identify and qualify potential new partners to ensure best in class cost, service delivery, operational excellence and service levels
- Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
- Grow in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one
- Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals
- Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
- Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- You have extensive experience in strategic sourcing within the logistics category
- You have the ability to make decisions wherever and whenever possible using large data-sets
- You simplify and always encourage others to innovate, changing inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes