£75000 - £95000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
12 months ago
Senior Category Lead (Marketing & Communications) - £95K
Our client, a forward-thinking Central Government organisati, with a track-record of embracing innovation and creativity, seeks to recruit a Senior Category Lead (Marketing & Communications). This is a fantastic opportunity for you to lead the development of Marketing procurement strategy as part of a large-scale transformation programme.
As a Senior Category Lead (Marketing & Communications), you will lead the development of Marketing procurement strategy across the Public Sector. In turn, you will manage all associated commercial procurement activity to drive value creation and minimise total cost of ownership. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the full procurement life cycle from initial strategy, tendering, and contract award through to transition, contract management and termination.
- You'll be responsible for translating innovation and ideas into comprehensive procurement proposals, formulating presentations and reports to influence senior stakeholders
- Responsible in working across the full end-to-end 7 step procurement process (business requirements to contract execution & performance management).
- You will lead the strategic procurement process, providing direction and oversight to leverage the size and scale of the Group's procurement power through robust contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the 3rd party supplier relationships
- Ensure that the above delivers end-to-end commercial, contractual and relationship lifecycle value, in the eyes of key stakeholders and from the bottom line.
- You'll report and track financial benefits versus pipeline and targets, identifying potential risks
- Compliance to all procurement policies, procedures and systems providing an efficient and auditable sourcing trail that will ensure robust risk management
As the successful candidate, you will ideally present a Marketing Procurement background:
- Experience of managing and developing marketing procurement/category strategies.
- Excellent track record of challenging and influencing Marketing stakeholders
- Experience of developing supplier management strategy
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent academic pedigree