£35000 - £45000 per annum + Car, Medical
about 2 months ago
Senior Buyer (Subcontracts) - Hertfordshire
I am recruiting for a Senior Buyer to cover subcontracts, materials and plant buying for a leading player within the construction/infrastructure market.
Your role will be to support the work winning procurement process with specific responsibility for subcontracts, materials and plant, while ensuring the procurement function successfully leverages its power through effective category Management and relationship management.
- To minimise the cost of Sub-Contract, materials and plant
- Tenders - Preparation of Sub-Contract enquiry documents and tender review sheets.
- Review of Sub-Contract and Material quotations and subsequent recommendations
- Negotiation with suppliers and Raising of orders ensuring relevant technical and commercial clauses are included.
- Ensure provision of materials and services to meet contract programmes and deadlines.
- Obtaining quotations for materials and plant to tight deadlines to meet tender return dates.
- You will have significant experience of procurement in the construction/infrastructure/civils industry.
- Sound working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC, JCT, CECA (ICE).
- Knowledge of the forms of sub-contract for the building, civils and utilities sectors.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
If you are interested in this Senior Buyer (Subcontracts) - Hertfordshire role, then please apply directly, or you wish to speak to me directly, then please call Laura on 01483 212183.