£40000 - £48000 per annum + Benefits Package
7 months ago
My client, who are focused across renewables, grid, and retail, are looking for an experienced Procurement professional who has the capability to put their personal stamp on the Capex category strategy, based in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Ideally, you will have a background in Capex from either a manufacturing, engineering or energy environment and the technical knowledge required to liaise with business stakeholders and external suppliers
This role will offer real diversity and challenge to the successful individual in which every day will be different, from working on multi-million-pound contracts down to smaller one-off procurement activities. You will be expected to lead, manage and govern contract reviews, tender processes, and various categories of spend relating to the Power Generation sector. This will include goods and services for the operation and maintenance of the power fleet as well as being the main point of contact for procurement for the power station. This will offer an opportunity to prepare for and lead complex negotiations, therefore, you will need to foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers to support delivery of best value to the business.
- Understanding complex supply and value networks
- Leading sourcing strategies, ideally within Capex
- Negotiating and deal closing with excellent results
- Demonstrates experience across Capital expenditure, gained in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of strategic influencing surrounding the supplier base and leading negotiations
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, ideally gained in a complex multi-divisional environment
- Understanding complex procurement, supply and value networks
- Relevant qualification to degree and/or Chartered MCIPS (or equivalent) is required
If this is of interest, please apply or call Brad Mills on 01483 212 190