£35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Package
about 1 month ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Buyer to play a key role as part of a complex Procurement Transformation programme for a market leading Retail brand, supporting a wider business transformation following significant growth and associated M&A activities! The role offers a fast track career development programme with a clear road map to a Sourcing Manager role within 18 - 24 months.
- You will play an integral role supporting a £400m spend across FM, Construction, Property & CAPEX for a leading FTSE 100 Retail giant - supporting new store development, warehouses, corporate offices and extensive refurbishment initiatives
- You will support the Sourcing Manager with the definition and implementation of category plans to minimise the total cost of ownership focusing on cost efficiencies and service improvements.
- You will support a huge pipeline of Procurement projects - including store development & fit-out initiatives e.g. store-in-store implants, customer self-scanning and new concessions
- You will also provide support to Corporate Office Portfolio - this includes Hard and Soft FM sourcing projects spanning M&E, Lighting, HVAC, Cleaning, Catering, Vending and Janitorial services for the entire group portfolio
This is a fast moving environment within which the buyer will be expected to balance and support a number of different Store Fit-Out, Construction and Maintenance sourcing projects at any time.
Due to the on-going procurement change programme, this is an excellent opportunity for a hungry and ambitious candidate seeking fast track career development.
- It is expected that the jobholder be able to demonstrate a degree of commercial procurement experience
- Experience of working within the Store Fit-Out, FM or Construction categories is beneficial
- Procurement experience gained in a Retail, FM or Construction industry is preferred
- Able to demonstrate experience of supporting full lifecycle procurement projects
- Strong analytical capability with knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) and keen to study CIPS