£108K Procurement Category Lead - Mergers
£90000 - £108000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
5 months ago
Role: SRM Category Lead
Salary: Up to £108K + Excellent Benefits
Location: Edinburgh or London base location (1 or 2 days in office per week - choose London or Edinburgh)
Are you a Senior Procurement Manager with experience of delivering complex Merger and Acquisition sourcing projects working closely with Supplier Partner portfolio's? This is a newly created role and a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of a newly transformed Procurement function!
Key to your success in this role will be the ability to develop key stakeholder relationships with the C-suite community and manage key Supplier Partners, positioning Procurement as a "value-add" business partner. Ultimately, you will be tasked with managing a team accountable for 3rd party spend, driving commercial value across a broad range of business critical Procurement projects/Merger and Acquisition - supporting the organisations journey towards digitisation.
You will need to:
- Be commercially astute, financially literate and legally competent to negotiate contracts
- Demonstrate hands on Procurement experience and managing 3rd party partners, extracting value from key supplier partner relationships (SRM)
- Have strong influencing skills and leadership, with the gravitas to negotiate credibly with suppliers and engage with the CIO and the executive management team
- Be results driven with a track record of achievement while adaptable in the face of adversity
- Demonstrate a blend of category experience and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) - specifically Merger and Acquisition
- Have specific experience in M&A, Strategic Partner Management and Governance within Procurement
- You will demonstrate hands on Procurement experience gained in a complex 'blue-chip' environment
- Experience in strategic supplier management, engagement, alignment and complex supplier negotiations
- You will be comfortable operating in an autonomous Procurement environment, and be willing to lead and manage end to end sourcing projects and supplier portfolio's.
- Degree qualified