£100 - £150 per day
3 months ago
Fantastic opportunity to join a world leading Utilities manufacturing organisation as a Temporary Strategic NPI Buyer (electrical and mechanical components). This role will be a six-month contract offering the chance to gain skills in a fast paced, project-based business.
As a Strategic Buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing a wide scope of commodities and co-ordinating the New Product Introduction (NPI) at country level.
- Managing and developing the sub-cluster / country supplier panel in line with my clients global sourcing strategy, and in a close relation with the local commodity buyer dedicated to those commodities
- Coordinate the NPI programme requirements & liaise with local commodity managers to review deadlines and cost reduction strategies.
- Raising and reviewing RFQ's and providing full analysis of price evolution.
- Propose & implement cost reduction actions for the NPI.
- Identify and develop new suppliers / materials / technologies in line with the Project requirement
- Collaborate with Engineering & SQA for supplier development
- Continuous supplier market analysis
- Negotiating agreements with suppliers (contractual conditions)
- Strong NPI (New Product Introduction) background
- 2-3 years minimum sourcing experience
- Well organised
- Strong communicator
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Project Management experience
- Ideally experience working with R&D teams.
- CIPS qualifications would be advantageous.
If this position is of interest, please apply now, and any questions call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.