North London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + plus package
9 months ago
Procurement Specialist - Logistics/Freight
Our client a Major Global FMCG organisation are seeking an experienced Logistics Category specialist to operate across multiple business units including joint venture and 3rd party arrangements and manage three market places which include Global Deep-Sea activity, Inter European and Airfreight.
Role responsibilities include:
- Sourcing supplier and market intelligence, the analysis of data, production of information and translation into meaningful insights that help increase expertise in this category.
- Support the Category Manager in developing and delivering the total category programme through execution of the category strategy and individual projects within the category.
- Build and own positive and effective relationships with key counterparts both internal and external to ensure alignment in both principle and execution of the category strategy.
- Ensure effective management and communication of freight data
- Own the complete category management process for Inter European Freight.
- Challenge the business and suppliers where opportunities are apparent
- Validate the publication of monthly financial performance reporting.
- People management from time to time temporary staff may be employed
- Support the design and delivery of the category strategy by providing detailed insights of the current and future internal and external environment, trends, anticipated changes, implications, options, cost drivers, capabilities and stakeholder fit.
- Ideally Graduate or equivalent
- A background in International Freight would be an advantage as would specific knowledge of the freight industry and suppliers
- Strong procurement background in Logistics
- An understanding of Category Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with logistics and Supply Chain dynamics
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders