£30000 - £40000 per annum + Corporate Benefits
about 1 year ago
Procurement Officer - £40K
Are you an ambitious individual looking to fast-track your a career in Procurement? Our client, a leading UK 'Blue-Chip', is looking to recruit a Procurement Officer within their Central Procurement function. This is a fantastic development role for an individual with procurement or supply chain experience, and with a desire to fast-track their career in a Procurement function undergoing significant transformation and up-skilling.
You will support a team of Procurement Managers, and will assist with the procurement of Indirect Goods & Services on a group wide basis. With a large pipeline of imminent projects this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a range of Procurement skills including spend analysis, market research, supplier identification, contract negotiation, as well as post-contract supplier performance and contractual adherence. The jobholder will be expected to support the full lifecycle sourcing process providing value analytical expertise across the RFX process.
Furthermore, the jobholder will use Excel and Power Point to create MI and reporting packs for presentation to key stakeholders. The jobholder will also be required to manage the e-sourcing tool kit to host online supplier negotiations.
This is an excellent opportunity to enter the procurement function of a prestigious 'Blue-Chip' organisation. Ideally you will have a desire to undertake the CIPS qualification, and to pursue procurement as a career.
- Idally, demonstrates some experience of operating in a Buyer or Senior Buyer capacity in a 'blue-chip' procurement function.
- Ideally, will have experience with contractual frameworks
- Experience of using e-sourcing tools (such as Curtis Fitch or similar)
- Analytical and logical nature, highly numerate with demonstrable experience of using Excel
- Confident communicator with an engaging personality
- Ideally Degree and/or CIPS qualified