Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£28000 - £31000 per annum
4 months ago
Our Sheffield based client is seeking a Category Officer/Manaer to support and/or lead successful compliant major tender exercises as well as being a point of contact to advise, guide and support colleagues on procurement policies.
- To lead successful, compliant procurement exercises both below and above EU Thresholds liaising as appropriate with internal clients and/or external consultants etc.
- To project manage procurements ensuring that key activities are performed and target dates met.
- To prepare full procurement documentation including OJEU notices, qualification questionnaires, Invitations to Tender, evaluation spreadsheets and contract award reports.
- To organise and participate in procurement evaluation and interview panels.
- To research and evaluate procurement options for requirements including the use of external frameworks and consortia.
- To support other teams in tendering; assisting with the production of tender documents, service specifications, evaluation criteria etc.
- To advise colleagues about the procurement of goods, services and works and how to achieve best practice procurement.
- To assist in the identification of strategic procurement opportunities such as supplier rationalisation, cash and efficiency savings etc.
- To support the development of standard documents and templates for procurement exercises.
- To produce such regular and ad-hoc reports as may be required.
- To maintain up to date procurement information on the intranet.
- To maintain the Contracts Library in conjunction with the Head of Property and Contract Administration.
- To undertake any other task that might be required from time to time, commensurate with the grading of the post and the experience of the holder.
To apply for this role you must have previous public sector procurement experience.
Please apply now for further information and to be considered