West London, London
Competitive salary plus car allowance and package
2 months ago
Procurement Manager - Raw Materials
Our client a Major Global NYSE Service organisation provide Raw Material Services to the Engineering Industry. The position would take responsibility for a spend of around £80 million across a Global remit, and you will have the capability of working autonomously whilst working a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing
- Develop and manage supplier relationships ensuring commercial terms are optimised and value add is top of the agenda
- Define and implement procurement strategies at a Global level for specific materials, products and services.
- Prepare, maintain and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the raw material, products and services
- Monitor quality and consistency of raw materials, products and services
- Consult with Process Technology, R&D and Manufacturing and other departments as required
- Management of a small team, developing and training
- Participate as an active member of the strategic management team within Strategic Business Units and as such provide the Management Team with analysis on the impact of price/volume and availability on purchasing/business decisions.
- Encourage best practice within the procurement process; vendor selection, specifications, tender & negotiation process/policy, business award, and contracts implementation
- Degree educated or Equivalent (Chemistry or related is preferred)
- Experience of strategic procurement processes
- Ideally a background from within the Petroleum Additive, Lubricant, Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry with experience of Purchasing Raw Materials.
- petroleum additive, lubricant or chemical industry
- Ideally CIPS qualified or studying
- Effective negotiation facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.