Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you an ambitious Senior Buyer looking to take the next step in your career? My client is seeking an upward-track procurement expert to join their greenfield department to lead and develop a team through excellent strategic planning and stakeholder engagement. This is a fantastic opportunity to support in the delivery of a greenfield Procurement Transformation programme, across the breadth of indirect Procurement, for a leading organisation.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading multiple categories across the indirect Procurement space, with a focus on IT in particular. This is a critical role that will contribute to the success of this start-up function providing a detailed layer of spend & data analysis in order to support the design and implementation of category strategies & sourcing plans in turn managing savings performance data and maintaining an accurate contracts database.
- c.4 years strategic sourcing experience
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to find innovative solutions based on data lead market research
- Proven record of cost-savings and value-added services
- Ideally Degree qualified
- Experience gained in an international organisation is preferred, but not essential