£65000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits
5 months ago
IT (Networks) Category Manager - London
Our prestigious client, a well know global banking and financial services organisation is looking to recruit an IT Category Manager to take manage spends of circa $500m across Infrastructure, Telecoms & Networks. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to write category plans, execute and deliver savings globally, interacting with C-Level stakeholders within a FTSE 100 organisation based in Canary Wharf, London.
You will write category strategies for the telecoms, networks and infrastructure categories, align all regions and country teams and interact with C-Level stakeholders.
You will be selling procurement into the business & achieving 'buy-in', built on positively managed relationships, & become a trusted and credible business partner.
You will be responsible for the full sourcing life cycle from initial strategy, tendering, and contract award through to transition, contract management and termination, in addition to a supplier rationalisation programme.
The ideal candidate will present extensive IT Procurement Category knowledge:
- Experience of managing and developing IT category strategies for Hardware, Networks, Telecoms
- "Blue-Chip" background, with experience of working in a GLOBAL procurement function
- Excellent track record of challenging and influencing IT stakeholders
- Proven ability of negotiating with the likes of Vodafone, Cisco, BT with a total spend responsibility of £80m+
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Degree and MCIPS qualified
If you are interested in this role, then please do get in contact with Jack Williams at 1st Executive today on 01483 213316