Amsterdam, North Holland
€70000 - €110000 per annum + bonus + package
16 days ago
Role: Group Procurement Category Manager - Tools, Fasteners, Adhesives & Tiles
Location: Amsterdam - 3 days office, 2 days work from home (WFH)
Salary: €ompetitive + bonus & package
Right to Work: Must have EU Passport or current right to work in the Netherlands
Transformational European end-to-end strategic procurement category manager role for a €500m category, which spans multiple companies and countries.
The role is with an exciting multi-€bn retail company that is experiencing significant company growth and offers the successful procurement candidate huge progression opportunities to grow with the company. Excellent company culture.
You'll be the transformational lead to centralise procurement for the category, retail, and drive multiple improvement projects.
This €500m Category will include items such as building materials, drills, hammers, chisels, work clothes, adhesives, silicons, screws, glues, and power tools, as well as tiles, floor plates and tile adhesives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned procurement categories in regions by leading cross-functional and cross-regional team
- Accountability for results at a regional level
- Act as interface with countries (communications to countries and from the countries will be done through the Regional Category Manager)
- Responsible for implementing procurement category strategy on OpCo/Business level
- Tailor category strategy to the needs of Division, define Division priorities and align priorities with countries
- Collection of needs from OpCo's including data for benchmarking
- Executes multiple local initiatives (e.g. tenders)
- Lead Country Category Managers with country or regional processes
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers in the category
- Drive the realization of savings, efficiency, quality, and process improvements
- Current Right to Work in the Netherlands
- Fluent (or near Fluent) German is preferred
- Experience in procuring similar items
- 6+ years of strategic end-to-end procurement experience
- Experience managing a Category in a large matrix organisation, or, have Category Management as a logical progression opportunity
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders in diverse environments - multiple business units, languages & cultures
- Ability to operate in an unstructured working environment - comfortable with change and uncertainty