£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car, Bupa, Bonus
5 months ago
Procurement Lead - Construction/ Utilities (80K)
A leading construction company is looking for a Procurement Lead to work on a large engineering project as part of a JV, which will affect and benefit the lives of millions of people across the UK. This role is pivotal in the delivery of the project, and as such, we are looking for a talented professional to take on the challenge...
- Develop and deliver a Subcontract and Materials sourcing strategy
- Develop and execute robust category strategies including creation of source plans, procurement routes, contracting strategies, and implementation plans
- Optimise opportunities and mitigate risk by developing market knowledge, insight and category trend information.
- Work closely with operation leads to engage and collaborate with supply chain
- Take lead in Supplier Relationship Management, supporting issue resolution and supplier performance management
This role will require someone with existing experience in such a role. We will be looking for candidates who meet all of the following criteria:
- Extensive experience of procurement management on NEC based contracts, and also aware of CPA and RPA conditions
- Excellent working knowledge of contract law
- Previous experience with construction, ideally from a utilities/engineering industry
- Extensive knowledge of suppliers, market prices and trends within the construction industry
- Ability to negotiate competitively and effectively
- Degree (relevant subject) and CIPS
This role is based in Stevenage, but will involve travel.
If you are interested then please apply directly, or call Laura on 01483 212183 for more information