£40000 - £55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Procurement Contract Manager
Basingstoke (remote working available)
To be a key member of the procurement team as a contract manager with in-depth knowledge of appropriate legislation and contract management. Support the Programme Manager and the commercial team with all formal pre-bid procurement activities, providing end to end Supply Chain guidance across sourcing, delivery and contract management.
Conduct initial view of market, examine opportunity vs risks, conduct route to market analysis, conduct supplier due diligences, conduct supply chain assurance and prepare supplier readiness plan, form make Vs buy strategy, develop potential supply partners profile, develop sourcing strategy, initiate RFQ, and select potential suppliers etc.
Experience gained from heavily regulated industry such as Aerospace, Nuclear or Defence will enable you to successfully guide the procurement of technical equipment, custom engineered products, systems, software, components and services all in line with wider group procurement sourcing projects.
Proactively driving the sourcing process you will be instrumental in identifying risk and opportunities, and for successfully working collaboratively with key stakeholders to achieve objectives. Develop supply chain network map, develop supplier readiness plan and mitigate against supply chain risks, develop negotiation plan, flow down customer requirements, place contracts, on-boarding suppliers, and execute supply chain delivery plan.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Extensive procurement experience across highly regulated industry and effective stakeholder management
- CIPS qualifications and working knowledge of strategic procurement and procurement best practice
- Experienced in the manufacturing or technology sectors, managing associated sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Engineering Degree or similar graduate programme highly desirable
- Proven contract negotiation skills in both a strategic relationship and sourcing environment
- Experienced in the delivery of Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge & prior experience of strategic bidding and business development.
Security Clearance to be held and maintained at level appropriate for this role (SC)