£25000 - £35000 per annum
5 months ago
Procurement Category Buyer - Indirect (35K)
1st Executive are recruiting for 2 x Procurement Category Buyers in Chippenham
You will be responsible for:
- Strategically managing allocated categories of expenditure
- Adopting best practice Procurement processes to identify key areas of opportunity
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Deliver end to end sourcing solutions and value across the allocated category.
- Support the development of a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements
- Development and implementation of strategic sourcing plans.
- Negotiate optimum supply terms, formalise supply contracts and implement suitably authorised, acceptable, preferred/approved supply arrangements
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through quarterly reviews with suppliers.
- Continually strive to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
- To deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management
- Manage all central agreements by facilitating the maintenance of the central database of contracts, central systems, pricing details and other legal documentation.
- To rationalise the supply base to a manageable level
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills are essential.
- Experience of procuring categories of wide variety, spend and complexity desirable
- Proven experience of working in a Corporate Procurement environment, ideally looking after indirect categories
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.