£30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
10 months ago
Role: Procurement Analyst
Salary: Up to £40K + Package
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious Wealth & Investment Management firm, undertaking a newly created role, born out of the continued expansion of their Group Procurement function.
The Procurement Analyst will responsible for the capture, review, challenge and validation of all purchase requisitions. This includes full knowledge and understanding of all applicable policies and procedures, including no PO no pay. The individual will be responsible for data capture and cost coding and require a good knowledge of systems, have the ability to work and adapt as part of a team and prioritise work accordingly, ensuring service levels are met and adhered to. Strong communication skills are essential and an ability to build strong relationships, knowing when escalation to the Procurement Operations Supervisor and/or Group Procurement Manager(s) is necessary.
- First point of contact for purchase requests, requisitions, new vendor setups, purchase orders (PO's) and queries
- Facilitate pre-approval policy by validating purchase requests.
- Assisting the business in setting up and approving purchase requisitions on a timely basis
- Liaise with Procurement Operations Supervisor and/or Group Procurement Manager(s) to validate Purchase Requisition details where queries may need addressing, e.g. details that appear incorrect such as use of a non-preferred vendor
- Amending PO details (e.g. delivery dates, requesters, delivery address, coding, currency) in line with the service levels agreed with the business
- Creating and issuing clean purchase orders in line with the service levels and authorisation levels, ensuring all checks and validations are performed (e.g. material variance, currency, correct entity, commercial terms, statement of works)
- Take ownership of and ensure all queries and escalations are proactively managed to resolution with a focus on fixing the root cause
- Timely set up of new vendors and amendments to existing vendors in accordance with procedures and SLA's
- Use of reporting and systems to support requestors, vendors and employees with R2P queries relating to pre-approval purchase requests, requisitions, purchase orders (PO) creation and/or amendment
- Using contract database / supplier management systems.
- Reviewing contracts to extract relevant data to enable reporting and oversight to Board level
- Operating in a regulated industry environment (Financial Services is beneficial but not essential)
- P2P Process experience highly desirable
- Degree Educated
You will be analytical in nature, capable of taking data and presenting findings to inform colleagues and stakeholders and will demonstrate excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships.