South West England, England
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
Print or Paper Procurement Manager
Our client is a growing and dynamic organisation who has a new role for an experienced Procurement team manager with a background within the print industry. This role offers high level experience, travel and the chance to be involved with the senior stakeholders in the business both in the UK and Internationally. The role will be Purchasing products from International locations and the individual must have experience in purchasing Seasonal Gifts, Cards or Paper from Far Eastern locations as part of their background.
- Manage the supply base and monitor and review performance
- Negotiate and review terms with existing and new suppliers to gain cost improvement, value add and quality
- Purchasing products from the Far East and managing suppliers, with reference to quality, cost and on time delivery
- Manage Supply Chain process ensuring product and stock delivery schedules adhere to company requirements and strive for continuous improvement
- Work closely with the operational and internal teams to ensure the contracts run smoothly and delivery of strong processes and procedures
- Develop the tender process and identify new supplier accounts when a contract comes up for renewal.
- Manage and attend regular contract review meetings with key clients as required.
- Suppliers are based both in UK and abroad, you must have experience of working with clients based on an international basis (some travel will be required)
- Recruit, develop, train, motivate and manage a team of 3+ individuals within purchasing and supply chain
- Knowledge of print and printing manufacturing industry
- Ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and be used to working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Purchasing from Far Eastern locations
- Be used to working with budgets and deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and a forward thinking commercial approach
- Team management and development experience
- Work to a high level of accuracy and have an eye for detail
- Drive and develop strong internal processes