Marketing Procurement Director
New York, USA
US$130000 - US$160000 per annum
4 months ago
Role: Marketing and Events Procurement Director
Location: New York City - hybrid working (3 days office, 2 days home)
Salary: Up to $160k + package
Are you an ambitious and proactive marketing procurement expert with experience managing a broad variety of marketing, advertising, events, or similar high-value services categories internationally?
If so, this is an exciting new opportunity to support the global procurement leadership team of a Fortune 500 financial services company to manage one of their most critical third-party expenditure categories.
Joining a highly experienced CPO and a motivated Senior Leadership Team, you will support the corporate services procurement leadership to proactively develop marketing and events procurement initiatives globally.
With significant senior exposure, an international remit and a flat hierarchy structure, this role is posed well to pave the way for further senior leadership opportunities across the organisation.
- You will support the Corporate Procurement Director to manage and develop their global Marketing and Events category. This portfolio encompasses a variety of online and offline services including traditional advertising, digital media, events, market research and creative agency.
- You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enacting the category strategy on an international basis. Working in conjunction with the central marketing team and regional business leaders, you will proactively develop stakeholder relationships across numerous geographies.
- You will work closely on the integration of marketing and events services spend globally, integrating new suppliers and developing creative supplier relationships and campaigns to promote the business.
- You will develop the business case for internal and external change, using your influencing skills to innovate within the marketing and events category, whilst utilising the expertise of suppliers to stay relevant and ahead of the curve.
- This role is based in New York City. Their current hybrid working strategy is three days in the office, and two days working from home. Some ad-hoc international travel may be required.
- You will have a wealth of knowledge in procurement and category management, with the experience to own, develop and implement end-to-end procurement and SRM strategies internationally.
- You will demonstrate experience gained in a complex, multi-faceted global organisation (financial services or similar experience is a plus), with knowledge of similar marketing, events and advertising categories.
- You will have an experienced and consultative approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders at a very senior level.
- You will be proactive and autonomous, with the ability to develop business cases and drive innovation across multiple spend areas and supplier categories.
- Relevant Degree/Masters + CIPS or equivalent.