West London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + package
9 months ago
Manager - Packaging Sustainability
Our client is a Major Global Blue Chip organisation who are seeking an individual with strong experience within sustainability, who will be involved in the development of innovative and cost-effective packaging solutions and best sustainable technology to support the Global Packaging and Recycling Strategy. This is a new role in a growing organisation that are highly innovative in their approach. The role will intially be based in London but will then be located in Singapore or Chicago, so the ability to re-locate is essential and as such this role offers a fantastic opportunity to progress.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effective implementation of sustainable solutions in alignment with the strategy, and client expectations
- Identification, development and implementation support of sustainability solutions
- Support development, monitoring and reporting of the annual sustainability targets and metrics
- Provide technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of market level sustainability topics
- Work closely with packaging functions and the supplier community to achieve effective implementation activities and solution
- Maintain effective management and control of the environmental risk and impacts related to the business.
- Drive improvements in sustainability performance to ensure stakeholders have a positive perception of the businesses achievements and strategic intent.
- Work with packaging functions across the global organisation
- +5 years of proven business experience in food, consumer goods or packaging industry environment, with responsibilities in the sustainability field.
- Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues
- Understanding of packaging manufacturing processes, print technology
- Very strong in building relationships with different stakeholders
- Very good organizational and project management skills
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment
- Willingness to travel, and with the ability to re-locate to Singapore or Chicago in the future.