West London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + package
7 days ago
Manager - Packaging Sustainability
Our client is a Major Global Blue Chip organisation who are seeking an individual with strong experience to apply
sustainability knowledge for the development of innovative and cost-effective packaging solutions and best sustainable technology to support the Global Packaging and Recycling Strategy. This is a new role in a growing organisation that are highly innovative in their approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effective implementation of sustainable solutions in alignment with the strategy, and client expectations
- Identification, development and implementation support of sustainability solutions
- Support development, monitoring and reporting of the annual sustainability targets and metrics
- Provide technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of market level sustainability topics
- Work closely with packaging functions and the supplier community to achieve effective implementation activities and solution
- Maintain effective management and control of the environmental risk and impacts related to the business.
- Drive improvements in sustainability performance to ensure stakeholders have a positive perception of the businesses achievements and strategic intent.
- Work with packaging functions across the global organisation
- +5 years of proven business experience in food, consumer goods or packaging industry environment, with responsibilities in the sustainability field.
- Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues
- Understanding of packaging manufacturing processes, print technology
- Very strong in building relationships with different stakeholders
- Very good organizational and project management skills
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment
- Willingness to travel, expected 10 - 20% or the time