Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Cash Flex
7 months ago
Lead Buyer - Retail - 55K
The Lead Buyer - Retail - 55K is responsible for the purchase of branded goods for resale. The role is responsible for assortment, promotions and pricing to drive sales growth and margin improvement.
The Lead Buyer will be responsible for commercial management of a significant scale category within the portfolio of categories managed by the branded team, such as Soft Drinks, Confectionary, Tobacco, as well as non food products.
This role will be based in Milton Keynes, and will encompass a small amount of travel (10%)
- Developing and implementing category plans to ensure delivery of sales and margin targets
- Manage strategic supplier relationships to source products and negotiate cost prices and promotional bonuses.
- Analyse category performance, customer data and market trends to plan and implement range reviews which drive sales
- Develop shop promotions which drive incremental margin and acquire new customers
- Work and support the supply chain team in supplier management, to ensure stock availability, correct levels of working capital and on time in full deliveries
- Provide accurate forecasting of new and promotional lines to ensure full availability and appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure full implementation at all stores of category plans
- People management of a Junior buyer - to develop skill set, complete all line management duties, and support them in their learning.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience purchasing branded goods, and working with large supplier organisations (CocaCola/Mars etc)
- Experience within the impulse goods category
- Experience mentoring/ people management
- Experience working in a retail environment, buying Soft drinks, Confectionary, Tobacco, Magazines, Car Accessories
- Proven negotiation experience
If you wish to talk to me further about this role, please give me a call on 01483 212183 for a confidential discussion.