£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits Package
7 months ago
Junior Buyer / Buyer - £30,000 - 40,000
Location: St Neots, Cambridgeshire
My client, who are focused across renewables & energy, are currently looking to attract a Buyer. You will lead the procurement of low & medium complexity and risk goods and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to support procurement category managers with a view to fast-track your career. You will be the main site contact and provide the day to day interface between procurement and the wider business.
- We'll ask that you develop contract strategies, as well as renewing and terminating contracts as necessary
- You'll review and/or optimise procurement requests orders of up to circa £50k review
- You'll Actively drive our vendor rationalisation and tail management
- You'll monitor supplier performance and delivery
- Experience of buying a broad range of commodities, such as spares, fittings, fasteners, valves, etc.
- Need to be IT literate and have experience of using the Microsoft Business Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Your understanding of Contract Law and terms and conditions of Contract will be strong
- Having experience of SAP ERP systems is highly desirable
- Able to travel occasionally
If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail, please apply through the link below or contact Brad Mills on 01483 212 190.