£450 - £550 per day
3 months ago
A superb opportunity to join a world leading Oil & Gas SuperMajor as an IT Sourcing Lead. One of 1st Executives key FTSE100 clients are looking for an experienced IT Sourcing Lead to join one of the most interesting, diverse organisations globally, who have an award-winning, best-in-class procurement function with spends in excess of £1.6billion.
This spend is split across 7 sub-categories including Applications Development & Maintenance, Software, Hardware, End User Computing, Hosting, Telecoms and Market Data.
The role of IT Category Sourcing Lead (Digital Workplace) is to manage, in conjunction with IT&S, the e2e commercial process in moving from an existing Field Services and Endpoint Services solution to a transformed Field services solution globally and across multiple technologies at site, sitting within a single category of IT spend.
- Confident and comfortable with being able to review contracts quickly to gauge key details.
- Procurement process: Building and analysing request for proposals
- Building requirements: stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Managing end to end sourcing process, including supplier management
- Contract and commercial negotiation
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and manage through their lifecycle as well as optimising value for money and ensuring that they remain aligned to business needs.
- Deep Market knowledge: Direct (last 18 months) experience of either managing an end to end Service Desk or Field Services.
- Significant evidence of the successful design and delivery of holistic end-to-end commercial strategies, including contract drafting.
- Significant personal involvement in complex and large-scale commercial negotiations including ensuring value for money.
- Deep category expertise and ideally CIPS qualified.
- Willingness to robustly challenge in a way that is constructive and compelling, being prepared to take decisions that support this.
- Evidence of building strong and productive relationships, winning and retaining the trust of peers, senior stakeholders and suppliers.
Other desired requirements:
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate where peers/leadership were influenced to achieve strategic goals
- Ability to express value using a range of commercial metrics. EEM, NPV etc.
- Good knowledge of IT and commercial perspective and an understanding of the overall picture of how the IT service fits and contribute
If this position is of interest, please apply for the role now and any questions, call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.