£60000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
6 months ago
IT Category Manager - £80K
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation, recognised globally as a market leader in the field of Technology and Innovation. As part of an aggressive growth plan, and diversification into new markets, the organisation is currently in the midst of corporate transformation, embracing cutting edge trends in the Digital, IT and Technology space. You will take a newly created role, forming part of a growing Procurement function, reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. This is a fantastic development opportunity for an ambitious candidate demonstrating experience gained in an IT Procurement role.
- You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement with a portfolio of IT & Technology sourcing projects - a large proportion of which carry a heavy focus on innovation and leading edge technologies; encompassing software, infrastructure, managed services and outsourcing category space. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Major Projects team with high value, complex contracts valued up to £100m. Furthermore, the jobholder will be tasked with leading the development of IT Sourcing strategy and associated category plans.
- The jobholder will demonstrate expert stakeholder management skills, with an ability to build relationships across 5 different business units within the Group, engaging at CIO level on a frequent basis.
- The role forms a key part of a delivery focused team with a tangible cost-saving target associated. As such, suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate an ability to support multiple concurrent projects, working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will demonstrate a broad IT Procurement background - ideally with experience in IT Professional Services/IT Off-Shoring.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, challenging, 'blue-chip' environment
- Demonstrates a 360-degree Sourcing skill-set - identifying new commercial opportunities and possessing a track record of delivering end to end IT sourcing projects
- Strong analytical skill-set with good Excel knowledge
- Demonstrates executive stakeholder management experience, including the influencing and challenging of stakeholders up to and including CxO level