West Sussex, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
6 months ago
IT Category Manager - £50K
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's most recognisable brands currently in the midst of corporate transformation and embracing cutting edge trends in the Digital, IT and Technology space. You will take a newly created role, forming part of a growing Procurement function based in West Sussex, reporting directly to the Head of IT Procurement.
As the IT Category Manager - £50K, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of IT Procurement in West Sussex with a portfolio of IT & Technology sourcing projects; with a focus on the software, infrastructure, managed services and outsourcing category space. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Major Projects team with high value, complex contracts valued up to £100m. This is an exciting period for the organisation as they exit a long term IT Outsourcing arrangement and move to a multi-vendor model; presenting huge opportunity for innovation across their IT contract portfolio.
The role forms a key part of a delivery focused team with a tangible cost-saving target associated. As such, suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate an ability to support multiple concurrent projects, working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will demonstrate a minimum of 4 years procurement experience witrh exposure to IT/Technology categories.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, challenging 'blue-chip' environment
- Strong analytical skill-set with good Excel knowledge
- Demonstrates a good grasp of stakeholder management
- Ideally Degree qualified and currently studying towards CIPS