£40000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
IT Category Manager (FTC) - £50K
Our client, a FTSE 100 financial services company, are seeking an experienced Category Manager in the Network, Telecoms and Infrastructure space to join their team based in Norwich on a 12 month FTC. You will be responsible for developing and implementing your category strategy, and maximising value through the effective management of relationships with key suppliers.
- The purpose of your role is to maximise value through the end-to-end commercial management of key suppliers and associated third party spend, focusing on driving performance and commercial benefit from the IT supply chain.
- You'll meet agreed commercial targets for the category - including delivery of sustainable cost reductions and also be accountable for the management of all relevant category or sub-category spend.
- You will also be responsible for setting the strategy for the category, which will involve working with the relevant Business areas, IT and Architecture. A significant amount of time will be spent challenging the various functions to ensure a holistic strategy and plan is executed.
- Effective stakeholder management and communications skills are a key requirement.
- You will demonstrable sourcing experience in the IT space, ideally with experience in Networks, Telecoms and Outsourced IT Services (however - not essential).
- You will have experience with leading and managing complex sourcing projects.
- You will have strong commercial and stakeholder management skills, and be able to build strong business relationships at all levels.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent. MCIPS qualification is also desirable.