£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits Package
4 months ago
1st Executive are working with a FTSE 250 organisation based in Surrey to identify an IT Category Buyer on a 6 month FTC. The Strategic Sourcing team within our client, manages strategic procurement and commercial activity for indirect expenditure categories across all the divisions within the company.
- To identify commercial opportunities and sourcing strategies within the various companies in all category portfolio
- To support the Category Manager - in delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy.
- Ensuring consistent implementation of the 7-step Strategic Sourcing process, ensuring optimum value and quality is achieved. This will include as appropriate, supplier segmentation, assessment of supplier risk, management of objective evaluation, financial analysis, commercial negotiation and contract generation.
The buyer will be responsible for supporting the Category Manager in delivering key sourcing activities within the group requirements
These will cover a number of indirect spend categories. The candidate will need to have a rounded background in In-direct sourcing principles with a strong focus across IT.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Capable of managing supplier relationships at all levels, benchmarking and Supplier improvement tasks.
- Hold a good understanding of standard contracts forms and key terms
- Experience of indirect procurement, preferably within the areas outlined above
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Experienced third party negotiator
- Ability to analyse spend data from multiple reporting systems and to identify commercial opportunities within this data.
- Excellent organisation, communication and administration skills
- General financial skills and knowledge, including understanding of balance sheet and budgeting.
- Preferably part MCIPS qualified (or recognised other Purchasing Qualification) / University Degree.
- The successful candidate will be confident, articulate, and tenacious whilst possessing a real desire to work hard and be successful.
- Excellent relationship management and an ability to develop rapport with key stakeholders
- Capable of operating in a fast-changing organization.
- Ability to challenge, in a constructive way, the current situation and/or way of working.
- Ability to maintain and develop successful relationships with the rest of the Departmental team, key internal stakeholders and external suppliers.