£450 - £500 per day
SS - 10737_1510762799
8 months ago
- To provide strategic support for Strategic Commissioning & Procurement, and to the Chief Executive, Management Team , the Mayor and elected members as required
- To lead and develop the organisation's Corporate commissioning and procurement strategies
- To take a lead in ensuring that the Council has an effective and value for money approach
- Manage of staff within the category structure
- To be the direct link between the organisation and the market to ensure commissioned goods, works and services are operating to the required quality standards, ensuring any areas of non-compliance are appropriately managed.
- Provide strong commercial leadership and direction for the commissioning and procurement of services.
- Provide commercial advice and leadership on commissioning.
- To lead joint working between agencies, service users and carers and providers from the private, voluntary and community sectors to commission high quality services that improve health and well-being outcomes for services.
- By delegation to be responsible for contracts and for assuring the proper financial management and performance of such contracts, service level agreements and grants
- To manage the development of commissioning plans
- To lead the development of innovative commissioning and procurement approaches
- Ensure that all procurement and contract management activities is undertaken inaccordance with agreed corporate procurement process
- Eliminate duplication of commissioned services and drive improvement by ensuring tight financial control.
- To provide information reports to a range of officer and member led forums
- To take a lead in the continuous development and improvement of theCommissioning and Procurement service
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Category management within the public sector
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development and implementation of procurement strategies to public sector regulations
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff within public sector procurement