City of London, London
£325 - £375 per day
SS - 11627_1531153719
7 days ago
This is a long term role until at least the end of Jan 2019 reporting through to the Financial Manager of International Markets.
Based in central London you will be delivering key financial reports to senior stakeholders across the business and potentially coaching more junior team members to support with their development.
- Build trusted relationships with all relevant stakeholders across the International Markets Market Unit, Business Units (BUs) and Centre Finance & Governance.
- Coach and support with the development of more junior team members.
Statutory and other reporting
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated financial results (actuals) in support of Group Reporting requirements including review of BU submissions.
- Review of quarterly and annual regulatory reporting submissions by BUs under SII and prepare consolidated MU submissions.
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial plans for IM and its BUs.
- Prepare statutory, management and regulatory reporting of MU-led BUs and assist the audit process for these companies, including maintaining general ledgers and appropriate reconciliations.
- Manage JV funding and Board meetings, liaising with Treasury, Co Sec, Capital Management, Legal and local teams.
- Support Technical Accounting Manager with preparation of statutory accounts for holding companies.
- Assist with review of balance sheets and associated MU oversight controls on a regular basis.
- Assist in preparation of statements for Board / IM Exec review as required, including local reporting entities that IM are responsible for.
- Support the FP&A team with monthly Flash.
- Support the FP&A team with analysis and assist with the preparation of reports for management where required.
Controls and compliance
- Support the implementation of a best practice financial control framework across IM Finance & Governance.
- Work with local BUs to ensure effectiveness, quality and compliance to the financial control framework. Assist with ongoing monitoring of control compliance.
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and statutory accounting regulations.
- Assist with the maintenance of charts of accounts and reporting entity structures.
- Support with the implementation of our new consolidated reporting system (Tagetik) across IM BUs.
- Investigate and resolve queries on submissions from within IM and from Centre teams.
- Support the BU and IM finance teams in providing training and guidance as necessary on systems and reporting processes.
- Coach and support more junior team members.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implement changes to make processes more efficient.
- Adhoc work to support Financial Reporting Manager, Reporting Manager and FP&A Manager as required.
- Working effectively
- Knowing our business
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Loved by customers
- Stakeholder management
- Communication, negotiation and influencing
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability
- Adaptability and flexibility especially in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively across teams, bridging the gap between financial and non-financial understanding
- Delivering fair outcomes for consumers and Understanding your regulatory obligations
- Put fair treatment of customers at the heart of what you say and do. Be courageous and speak up if you believe our products or services do not deliver what we have led our customers to expect.
- Be accountable and take ownership for ensuring you are familiar with all regulatory requirements that fall within the remit of your role and comply with them at all times. Seek guidance if you need support understanding your regulatory requirements. Notify, without delay, any potential or actual breach of regulation.
- To maintain governance and control requirements, ensuring all internal governance requirements are met, including full compliance with all policies, audit actions, monitoring actions and risk appetite.
Academic/ Professional qualifications
- Qualified accountant, with a minimum of 2 years post-qualified experience
- Post graduate qualification / Membership of recognised professional body
- Strong academic history
Ideal experience and delivered performance
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills gained from working within large multinational or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness.
- A track record of personal and career growth through exceeding expectations and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge financial knowledge-gaps.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, building and strengthening relationships within the business at all levels.
- Adaptable to business change and a fast paced environment with a growth agenda.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks.
- Strong commentary writing skills - ability to explain complex financial issues clearly and succinctly.
- Experience working in insurance will be viewed favourably, however is not essential for candidates able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and transfer ability.
- Experience working in a group consolidation role.