£550 - £650 per day
6 months ago
Interim Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager required to join a leading engineering business on an initial 6 month contract paying up to £650 per day in Cambridgeshire, to lead and manage the full end to end Supply Chain activities.
You will manage and direct the resources, facilities, functions and skills of the Supply Chain to provide effective support across the business. The role will include the management and organisation of operational purchasing, inventory management, warehouse management and demand management & fulfilment.
Provide guidance and specialist advice to the business on all Purchasing matters such that the business is contracting and operating within a safe commercial framework, meeting its third party regulatory and compliance requirements, minimising risk and exposure of the Company whilst maximising profit opportunity.
Key responsibilites will include:
- Leadership and development of the Supply Chain function including the development of technology, continuous improvement and improving performance.
- Supplier performance measurement, supplier operational reviews and supplier negotiations.
- Dealing with all issues relating to the Purchase to Pay process.
- Represent the Procurement & Supply Chain function at meetings with board and senior management
- Support of customer bids in providing Supply Chain solutions and Purchasing input to Business Development.
- Analyse the supply chain effectiveness, identify and deliver improvements through people, process, and technology.
- To liaise and work closely with the business including Quality, Commercial, Design, Planning, Marketing, Production and Manufacturing to ensure that the department's efforts are directed towards satisfying the needs of the internal customer and for overall company gain.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an Engineering / Manufacturing environment (Preferred Industry sectors - Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial or Technology)
- Ideally experience of working in a complex matrix business
- Experience of managing teams in Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Commercially astute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss in more detail then please contact me directly on 01483 213 302 or email@example.com