£400 - £600 per day
5 months ago
Interim Project Procurement Manager required to join a leading chemicals and sustainable technology organisation in Hertfordshire on an initial 6 month contract paying between £400 - £600 per day.
You will take hands-on responsibility for procuring FEED contractor and subsequently an EPCM contractor to deliver an industrial greenfield project. You will also performance manage the contractor to ensure procurement activities are carried out in a timely manner and all Purchase Orders or Contracts awarded are compliant to company standards and procured at best value for the business.
- Establishing, or optimising, contracting strategy for each project in the investment programme;
- Engaging with the Project Managers, Engineers, Scheduler etc to ensure the Project Procurement Plan is fully mapped out, robust and is up-to-date;
- Map out the procurement process and required stakeholder engagement
- Engaging with Legal to ensure contract documents are readily available and fit for purpose;
- Leading procurement of critical & high value packages in a timely manner, negotiating cost savings and mitigating supply risk on the project;
- Leading procurement team - coaching, directing and performance managing to deliver the procurement activities, negotiating cost savings and mitigating supply risk on the project;
- Monitor performance of suppliers and support Project Manager mitigate project risk; and
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in contract management within construction industry
- Proven track record of procurement project management and previous experience managing FEED and EPCM contractors.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or chemical process industry
- Knowledge of quality standards, tools and processes
- Experience in leading and supervising others
Rate: £400 - £600 p/d
Duration: 6 months+
If you are interested in this opportunity and can demonstrate the above key competencies then please contact me directly on 01483 213 302 or email@example.com