€650 - €750 per day
8 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global Fortune 500 Pharmaceuticals Organisation, who are seeking an experienced procurement transformation professional to lead key projects concerning development and implementation of metrics to improve supplier performance, primarily across their direct spend categories. You will have experience in both direct procurement in either the pharma or FMCG industry, along with leading change projects in this area.
Key objectives of the role:
- Responsible for developing and implementing an approach to sustainable, high end supplier performance and facilitating access to 3rd party Innovation across the global manufacturing & supply spend category (directs) to strengthen the companies success in the marketplace.
- The role is a combination of 50% strategy and 50% implementation activities and will represent significant annualized global spend.
- Reporting into the Head of Procurement for Risk, Sustainability & Performance and may also interact with the direct procurement leadership team.
- The role works with the Risk, Sustainable Procurement and Performance & Innovation teams and with category managers who are engaged in support related activities, covering global / regional and country/site based roles, located in a number of core company locations around the world.
- Will also work to establish a cross-category risk evaluation method to contribute to the product/value-chain risk management approach.
- Accountable for providing supplier performance and innovation expertise for direct procurement, to feed the annual planning process and ongoing supplier reviews.
- Accountable for developing and improving tools and templates to ensure effective measurement of supply chain activities.
- Responsible for providing supply chain input and expertise to the Global Category Leaders in building up the Category Strategies and agreeing supply chain resourcing to support Category Strategies.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining the standardised supplier segmentation approach, improving upon the company supplier performance framework.
- Accountable for developing best practice for defining and developing supplier key performance indicators.
- Accountable for identifying tools and technologies to support KPI management.
- Accountable for ensuring the supplier performance framework is applied and developed where necessary.
- Responsible for organising company-wide supplier best practice and information sharing events to drive supplier innovation in direct procurement.
- Accountable for developing innovation standard clauses to include in the contracting process
- Accountable for related systems and/or processes are "fit for purpose" and compliance measures are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring issues relating to supply chain processes and tools are addressed in a timely manner
- Develop and execute a robust governance structure for the area to enable business aligned decisions making and support/sponsorship for manufacturing procurement activities.
- Ensure effective teamwork, collaboration and close dialogue with all interfacing functions globally.
- Ensure a seamless efficient approach to information exchange and process flows to other areas within the procurement function.
- Ensure the supply base complies to company corporate & social strategy.
- Contribute to the manufacturing / supply areas for product and value chain risk assessment.
- Coach and engage colleagues to improve the overall supply chain frameworks.
- Contribute to the global plans for risk, sustainability and performance.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong in-depth strategic and operational direct procurement experience.
- 12+ years overall business experience, with at least some in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 5+ year prior experience managing procurement managers and professionals.
- Demonstrated success leading global teams to achieving documented savings through various sourcing strategies.
- Documented experience leading cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Industry background will ideally include some pharmaceuticals, or at very least a form of FMCG industry.
Licences / Certifications:
- Professional certifications, memberships desired: CPM, CPA, ISM, NBTA
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel will be required - approximately up to 25% travel.