£440 - £500 per day
11294 - 2603_1524577289
about 1 month ago
1st Executive are retained by a FTSE 100 global FMCG business, who are currently undergoing significant transformation and implementing many process improvements and executing efficiency initiatives. As such they are looking to bring on board an Interim Procurement PMO Lead, with extensive project management experience. The purpose of the role is to drive strategic operational value, whilst driving down cost across a global, multi-billion dollar spend portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team and lead project individuals, working closely with the company procurement function. A brilliant opportunity for anyone looking to further their PMO project management career within a dynamic, fast-paced organisation.
- 'Procurement PMO Lead'
- Role is to project manage on current projects currently in the portfolio, in the effort to reduce costs for existing products and ensuring the business remains competitive.
- Role is managing / maintaining output for a team of 10 people
- Scope of products within the business is very broad, across a number of different sectors.
- Role is working closely with the procurement team in order to understand the areas where spend is bloated and targeted for savings.
- Liaising with stakeholders in North America/APAC regions
- Highly product focused role
- Target of ~$20-40M benefit saved
- Total spend of ~$4B on products
- Potentially flexible working 1 day a week after the first couple of months
- Reporting to Program Director and updating them and the team regularly
- No direct buying or purchasing experience required for the role, however will require previous experience supporting procurement/sourcing/purchasing departments.
- Commercial PMO, Project / Programme Management experience and proven project management methodology practitioner, at least 5+ years experience (Prince 2 would be desirable)
- Experience supporting an established procurement team/function and working collaboratively with them to achieve a common goal.
- Previous FMCG background would be advantageous
- Experience of working with and influencing cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams in a project environment
- Must be able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities, appropriately prioritising and allocating resource, with a strong track record of delivery
- Outstanding communication skills - both verbal and written
- Demonstrable high degree of business and financial acumen
- Ability to engage, build relationships with and influence senior leadership and key business stakeholders