£300 - £400 per day
14 days ago
A major UK airport has an urgent requirement for an Interim Procurement Contract Specialist to join their procurement function.
This is an initial 6-month contract with the opportunity for extension offering up to £400 p/d and majority homeworking.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The purpose of this role is to support the Infrastructure / Operations / Cyber & Technology Procurement and Contract Services teams. The Portfolio and Supplier Management Team forms one of the four pillars of the Procurement Team which sits in the Solution Organization and, working alongside the Cyber and Technology, Infrastructure, Operations Procurement.
This role will support the sourcing, procurement, contract assurance, implementation and post-contract management activities. This will involve working closely with business stakeholders to create and execute short and long-term procurement strategies for the relevant sub programmes.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the procurement for the client's business strategy
- Collaboration and development of close relationships with the relevant business stakeholders managing supplier performance with agreed governance. Proactively engage with the business areas to help develop their business strategy through procurement insights and ensuring that procurement strategy and planning process is aligned to overall objectives
- Work closely with the infrastructure / operational / cyber & technology procurement teams to ensure appropriate collaboration and best practice sharing while ensuring synergy in operation for cross collaboration on common categories
- Support the delivery team by conducting contract reviews, providing guidance on contract templates, process and governance and supporting contract negotiations with stakeholders and suppliers. Providing contract assurance to the business for the goods and services contracts
- Support and maintain all necessary agreed processes for supplier management, claims management, benefits and savings and continuous improvement targets whilst meeting all contract, regulatory, risk-reward and exit strategy requirements
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a variety of Procurement and Contracting models and specifically in NEC based Contracting environments, using a range of reimbursement models.
- Experience of writing and managing contracts for the provision of goods, works and services in the public or private sector
- Good understanding of contract law and good working knowledge of different forms of contract for goods, works and services.
- Sound Commercial Acumen & knowledge of Financial Risk Management
- Strong IT skills, with proficient use of Microsoft Office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and MS Projects; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.