£200 - £250 per annum
8 months ago
Are you an experienced procurement professional looking for your next challenging position? Are you after a new role within an exciting organisation that are constantly growing? 1st Executive are recruiting for a very successful Facilities Management business, who manage many aspects of facilities management for a wide variety of businesses across the UK, with some of their key clients being household names, and they are looking for an interim Procurement Category Specialist to join their team.
Supporting the Category Manager, your role will be to look at the relevant markets, collate data for tender processes, assess costs for both new and existing suppliers and help determine who the organisation could work with that are price-competitive and will deliver a strong level of service.
Your key accountabilities:
- Actively involved in identifying cost avoidance/saving opportunities
- Identifying department improvements that are required to assist in its continuous development and progression
- Working at pace, analyse and update system records to reflect ordering, receiving and shipping progress of products
- Prioritise workload according to the severity of the situation and procure parts to allow successful completion of works within the timescales
- Work proactively with the Supply Chain team to address problems before they escalate
- Actively work with suppliers regarding lead times and performance
- Investigate invoices queries that arise and resolve to completion to reduce aged debt across all suppliers
- Provide feedback to improve business practices through innovation and identification of needs
- Addressing to resolutions supplier problems with purchase orders and deliveries
- Prepare and co-ordinate information to suppliers and other departments as required
- Update and maintain the purchasing software to reflect order values and cost allocations
- Identifying critical stock holding and proactively drive improvement of stock holdings by suppliers and within their own operational teams.
- Handle large volumes of information including validating information and quality assuring information to ensure accuracy
- Support the Supply Chain department and wider business on various projects, initiatives and audits
- Supporting the department to meet internal KPI's & objectives
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills
- A prior commercial background in procurement would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational and customer service skills
- Deadline driven, delivering tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Team player but capable of working on own initiative to fully understand implications of changes and effective working methods
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If you think that this position would be good for you, please do apply with your up to date CV. If you have any questions, feel free to call Elliot Fisher at 1st Executive to discuss further.